Brag Book Tips
Accordion Brag Books can be ordered in several different options (call
your imagination run wild when you create your accordion brag book.
Below are some of our hints and ideas.
- Black Accordion/Black Frames
- Black Accordion/Cream Frames
- Cream Accordion/Black Frames
- Cream Accoridon/Cream Frames
- White Accordion/White Frames
- With or Without Mulberry Covers - Handmade Plum Silk or Dark
- Use mulberry paper, scrapbook paper, wallpaper
samples, old maps, etc., to cover the cardboard pieces that make
up the front and back of your book
- Cover your rectangular frames with scrapbook
or mulberry papers. It may be difficult to use scrapbook papers
to cover oval frames; try mulberry instead
- Alternate your frames when you adhere them
to your accordion piece -- square, oval, square, oval, etc.
- Experiment with the frames in different directions:
turn the frame so the picture is either on the top or the bottom.
Or, turn them sideways (you may need to trim the frame to fit
the accordion piece).
- Use an Xacto knife to cut the rectangular opening
to make it a little larger if your picture is too big. Cutting
the oval frame is possible, but more difficult.
- Before adhering the frame to the accordion
piece, punch a fun or interesting shape in your frame and let
the background peek through.
- Embellish your book with stickers (Jolees!),
fibers, ribbons, ticket stubs, etc.
- Use eyelets or corner punches on your frames
to attach ribbons and fun fibers before adhering to the accordion
- Use a corner punch on your frame and glue a
contrasting color paper underneath for added color and interest.
- Put a journal on the back of the accordion
piece to tell your story.